Subject: Re: what do you do with your qube(s)?
To: Thomas Feddersen <thomas.feddersen@t-online.de>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/30/2007 07:24:30

On Jan 30, 2007, at 6:28 AM, Thomas Feddersen wrote:

> I've replaced the harddrive with a 60 GB 2,5" notebook drive and
> pulled the fan. Mine works as the perfect fileserver IN my office,
> yes it's absolutely noisless and I love the green glow. It serves
> files to the wired LAN (samba). In addition it also synchronizes

Does the HD power down with inactivity?  I thought about doing this,
but was concerned as laptop drives weren't necessarily designed to
run all the time, and I wasn't sure I could get it to sleep with
inactivity.

Actually, that would be something I'd like to do with my current 3.5"
drive as well- park and stop rotation with inactivity.  Can that be
done?

-Brian