Subject: Re: what do you do with your qube(s)?
To: list Cobalt NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/18/2007 21:14:24
On Jan 17, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Justin Newcomer wrote:

> my qube is bored

snip

> What do you do with your Cobalt Qube?

I use one as a host/gateway for my home and have for many years.  We
had the longest power outage in years the other day and I lost my 450
days of uptime when my UPS reached it's end before the power came
back on :-(

Now, I am building another one that I hope to use as a remote weather
station monitoring system.  I have an old Davis weather station to
monitor, and I think the qube with a CompactFlash to IDE adapter and
a USB card with serial and modem will do the trick.

Now if I can just get my Siig USB card to work...

Byron