Subject: Re: what do you do with your qube(s)?
To: katana@frii.com <katana@frii.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/18/2007 21:34:13
On 1/18/07, katana@frii.com <katana@frii.com> wrote:

> > my qube is bored
> >
> > it runs bind for my domain, but it is the third server in the list, it
> > used to run tor (it did that quite well, over 300GB in both directions
> > with 75ish days uptime)
> >
> > I tried to run boinc, turns out I can't run world community grid on
> > mipsel--netbsd
> >
> > What do you do with your Cobalt Qube?
>
> I know what I'd like mine to do: act as a firewall/NAT box and house
> server.  But because of some problem I don't understand, I can't get
> apt-get to work, so I still have NetBSD-1.6 on it, and can't find much
> useful to do with it, having been left behind by the 3.0+ crowd.

apt-get for NetBSD? Huh? Are you trying a Debian/NetBSD system?

I'm likely going to replace my home wireless router with the Qube and
a USB wireless network adapter provided that:

1. The PCI USB card will work, I've had problems with that in the past.
2. The USB network adapter is supported, it's supposed to be as of 4.0
3. It will allow the adapter to function as a gateway.

Andy