Subject: Re: what do you do with your qube(s)?
To: list Cobalt NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/18/2007 14:38:40
On Jan 17, 2007, at 9:05 PM, Justin Newcomer wrote:

> my qube is bored
>
> it runs bind for my domain, but it is the third server in the list, it
> used to run tor (it did that quite well, over 300GB in both directions
> with 75ish days uptime)
>
> I tried to run boinc, turns out I can't run world community grid on
> mipsel--netbsd
>
> What do you do with your Cobalt Qube?

Mine is a backup fileserver/ file transfer point for a couple people
at the university, plus a place to archive data from a couple labs as
a simple off-site store.

It also makes a nifty secure tunnel through to my PVR and other LAN
things from time to time.  And it's a simple box that I can use to
try and play with scripting etc., but I don't have time to learn as
much of that as I would like.

Brian