Subject: Re: Qube 2 - 1.6.1 and 3
To: None <pete@rushmere.org, port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Pettefar <Nick@Pettefar.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/10/2007 20:58:54
Hi Pete,

We corresponded a while back.  I am the guy with the Qube 2 that tried
to do what you did with the Promise ATA 100 card but it only worked
for a short while and then the Promise card wasn't recognised any more
by the Qube 2.  I am thinking of selling my Qube 2 on eBay and buying
another because I do not know what to do to make it recognise it again
- it's like some switch was set somewhere but I don't know where!  I
have bought other Promise ATA 100 and even 133 cards but they aren't
recognised either!  I really wanted to use this Qube 2 as a NAS and
web file server.

I am using a Sun Ultra 60 instead now.

Nick - frustrated.

--