Subject: Re: Qube 2 - 1.6.1 and 3
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/09/2007 13:14:02
Hi Alex,

It'd be interesting if you could try a large amount of data and see
what happens.

I have similar problems to Claudio (I am using 3.99.17), whereby if I
try to copy over a lot of data to a samba share (maybe its samba at
fault? I haven't tried any other method) We're talking anywhere
between 5 and 80 gig then at some point the qube stops responding,
and thats it, it's gone and needs to be rebooted.

However I have managed to copy a lot of data without it crashing, I
think this is just luck, but on every occasion I've had an ssh
connection running top so I can see the utilisation, and I'm sure
this seems to help.

Glyn

--- Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com> wrote:

> I run netbsd-3 branch without any problems for a long time.
> Networking
> is stable and I can transfer any large file. I have not tried 4gig
> but I
> can try it.
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>

> Brian McEwen wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 7, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Claudio Leiva S wrote:
> >

> >> Hi guys:
> >>
> >> This is kind of wired, for long time I battled with 3 and my
> Qube and at
> >> last I give up because:
> >>

> > I thought you had 3.99.17 working fine, which is just about 4.0.
> >
> > What happened to:
> >

> >> Rowdy:
> >>
> >> I have been using 3.99.17 restore cd created by Dennis
> Chernoivanov
> >> without any issue, in fact it works very good on my Qube and it
> does
> >> not  have any problem at the moment to set up the network, you
> should
> >> give it a try!!.
> >>
> >> Now that 3.0.1 is out, have somebody try it on a Qube??.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >> Claudio Leiva
> >> Las Vegas, Nevada
> >> USA