Subject: Re: Success with 2nd IDE Channel on RAQ2+
To: Erik Berls <cyber@ono-sendai.com>
From: Robert P. Thille <list-netbsd-port-cobalt@rangat.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/08/2007 17:29:35
Erik Berls wrote:
> Really, its just a strip of 2x20 header pins, and optionally the
> plastic shield like other connectors.
>
> 1. Remove solder from existing bridged holes
>
> 2. Insert parts (checking which is pin 1 if you are bothering with the
> shield, see the initial IDE connector for orientation information
>
> 3. Solder

Well, in addition to the IDE header, you'll need some terminating
resistors and 1 transistor.  It's pretty easy to figure out what you
need based on looking at the other IDE channel.

On the down side, I didn't notice _any_ improvement in performance :-(

(I'd have more info about what I did, but I actually did this awhile ago
and just noticed the draft of the email to send to the list in my Drafts
folder and finished it up and sent it.  If anyone really wants more info
and can't figure out what parts they need, let me know and I'll take a
look at what I ordered...)

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544