Subject: Re: Qube 2 package respetory
To: Dennis <mips128@gmx.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/04/2007 10:13:17
On 1/4/07, Dennis <mips128@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have an unused Qube 2 and I really never need it, but I don't want to
> sell it (it's glows so nice ;) ). Therefore I thought that I could use
> it to build binary packages for the Qube2 / Raq. As far as I know, no
> one else does it.
> Would anyone be interesting in a complete package respetory (excluding,
> of course, X11)? I just want to ask, before setting it up and then no
> one really needs it .

I build stuff for my own uses on my Qube2 that I also use on my
hpcmips (also mipsel) machine. I keep it all in one spot, but I'm
always changing kernels so it's not really a consistent set of stuff.
I haven't made any of it public but I have given stuff out to people
who ask.

For my own purposes, it would be quite useful to have someone build
packages for mipsel, including X since it is possible to run X apps on
the Qube2 (virtual console such as vnc) and on many hpcmips machines.

I know first hand that a lot of stuff in pkgsrc won't build because
the code isn't clean for mipsel. Firefox won't build because cairo
won't build, or something like this.

If you did do this build, where would you put the packages?

Thanks.

Andy