Subject: Re: newbie question
To: guppy rules <je_mi_re@yahoo.com>
From: Robert P. Thille <list-netbsd-port-cobalt@rangat.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/04/2006 21:48:37
On Dec 4, 2006, at 2:28 AM, guppy rules wrote:

> Okay. I've tried this:
>
> Connect a pc (pc1) with a null-modem cable to the raq
> Connect the raq with a cross-over cable with another pc (pc2)
> Booted the pc2 with the restore cd 3.0
> Booted the raq, holding the buttons on the front.
>
> I now see the internal test (We serve it.....)
> The last message is: Decompressing done

Does it ever say it's netbooting?

> And then nothing happened. On pc2 (booted with the restore CD), I did:
> # tcpdump -i lo0
> tcpdump: listening on lo0

lo0 is the loopback interface, that won't show anything interesting.
You'll want to figure out what interfaces are there with 'ifconfig -
a' and try listening on a different one (if you've only got one
ethernet card, it should be easy).

> But also nothing happened. When I used CTRL-C:
> 0 packets received
>
> After some times the Raq system booted thes system from it's own
> harddisk with the following message: Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk
> error, trying BFD again.

Sounds like the Raq isn't really trying to netboot.  Can you capture
the entire output on the serial port and post it here, or on a site
somewhere?