Subject: Re: PHP5 and GD?
To: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/29/2006 12:27:30
Hi Pete,

I've cracked this one.

I found loads of resources and forums on the net mentioning having to
edit the Makefile, or adding switches or using something called
/usr/ports/lang/php5-extrensions (I think that was for linux) etc.

And it all confused me, so I decided it was all cowpoo and I'd just
sit and figure this one out by myself. Basically I figured the
exstension is totally separate to php, php is okay, gd just needs
building and adding to php.ini.

After a bit of a scout around the pkgsrc directory I found
"/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/php-gd" and thought it sounded like it'd do the
trick.

so
    cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/php-gd
    make install clean

and then gd.so appears in my include directory
"/usr/pkg/lib/php/20040412" on my install.

so then just add extension=gd.so

Job done.

Glyn

--- Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org> wrote:

> Hi Glyn,
>
>          Followed the same guide and had the same problem. It comes
> down to
> editing the Makefile for PHP to enable GD. Unfortunately, I haven't
> got it
> to work yet either, but I haven't given up yet... I'll gladly trade
> info
> with you as this progresses! I'd also be interested in Curl
> support, but
> that didn't work either...
>
> Kind Regards,
> Pete.
>
> At 15:50 28/10/2006, Glyn Astill wrote:
> >Hi People,
> >
> >Since I last posted on here I've been busy setting up my qube
> again.
> >I've got samba up and running and installed apache, php & mysql
> using
> >pkgsrc by following a guide here:
> >
> >http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/How_to_install_a_LAMP_Server
> >
> >I've tested apache and php and they're working, mysql is running
> >however I haven't tried to connect to it at all yet.
> >
> >My first problem is GD/GD2.
> >
> >I installed apache using pkgsrc, and now when I do phpinfo();
> there
> >is no entry showing that gd is there or enabled. Does anyone know
> how
> >to enable gd? Do I have to completely reinstall php via pkgsrc (if
> so
> >how do I enable gd? can I just do ./configue --with gd befor
> make?)
> >or can I just add gd2 and php will detect it?
> >
> >Any ideas would be great,
> >
> >Thanks
> >Glyn
> >

> >Glyn Astill
> >

> >Send instant messages to your online friends
> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Glyn Astill