Subject: -current build.sh infinite calls of gmake in binutils on cobalt?
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/21/2006 16:53:34
I'm trying to build -current on my venerable Qube.  I haven't built it
in quite awhile (alas), and I'm running into some problems.  At some
point after a "build.sh tools kernel=GENERIC" I see the following:

checking for style of include used by /usr/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-4.99.3-mipsel/bin/nbmake  -f /usr/src/tools/binutils/../Makefile.gnuwrap...

At this point, there is a whole series of seemingly recursive invocations
of /bin/sh (not that it logs this, I can just see it with ps), until the
system finally runs out of processes.  This continues to happen even when
I increase maxproc to ridiculous levels.  I have no trouble cross-compiling
from my i386 box, but I'd kinda like to see the Cobalt build its own OS.

So, is this just me, or have other people seen the problem?

Thanks,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net