Subject: Re: patching
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/16/2006 20:57:32
On Oct 16, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Glyn Astill wrote:
> So anyway... I did
>
>             setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
>             setenv CVS_RSH ssh
>             cd /usr
>             cvs checkout -P pkgsrc

Seems workable to me... you are using csh right?

> Then tried to log in using the password "anoncvs"
>
>             qube# cvs checkout -P pkgsrc

I assume you just this it pasted in an extra time.  Else, it worked
the first time but not the second, which would be strange.

>             root@merlin's password:
>             Permission denied, please try again.
>             root@merlin's password:
>             Permission denied, please try again.
>
> So it wouldn't even let me in.

hmm... working here for me when  pasted as above, 7:15pm EST 16th
Oct.  I think that perhaps you need to do more work in the UK at 2 or
3AM your time :)

> I'm a bit lost now. I can't log in to the cvs repository and I have
> no idea how I'm going to remove apache, samba and mysql that I
> already compiled and installed.

Given that you used netbsd sources for samba etc, , you should be OK
with the ones you used, they might be a little old if you got them
from the 3.x release is all.  Unless /usr/local/ (I think you used
that) as install directory isn't standard for some reason.  I haven't
built those packages so don't have a reference install.

I'd give it some time to rest then try again.  ftp.netbsd.org was
down when I sent that email last night (this AM? I forget) so it
seems likely it was just having issues (i.e., Not Your Problem
necessarily :)

I've run -current pkgsrc for ages but I think a lot of good stuff has
rolled into the recent Q3 release so you certainly can just get that
tarball if you like.  The syntax for specifying a given pkgsrc
version via CVS  isn't necessary if you just grab the tarball for the
pkgsrc Q3 as Eric mentioned :)  It should unpack into /usr/pkgsrc.

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2006Q3/pkgsrc-2006Q3.tar.gz

luck!

Brian