Subject: Re: patching
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/16/2006 22:40:22
Well no luck with pkgsrc tonight atleast.

First off I can't access Andreas' page from my net connection here at
home I just get:

"Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@aironaut.ch and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server
error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Webplatz Server at www.aironaut.ch Port 80"

However I can access it from my pc at work, which I'm currently
conected to via VPN. Bizzare.

So anyway... I did

            setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
            setenv CVS_RSH ssh
            cd /usr
            cvs checkout -P pkgsrc

Then tried to log in using the password "anoncvs"

            qube# cvs checkout -P pkgsrc
            root@merlin's password:
            Permission denied, please try again.
            root@merlin's password:
            Permission denied, please try again.
            root@merlin's password:
            Permission denied
(publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
            cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult
above messages if any)
            qube#

So it wouldn't even let me in.

I'm a bit lost now. I can't log in to the cvs repository and I have
no idea how I'm going to remove apache, samba and mysql that I
already compiled and installed.

?
Regards
Glyn

--- Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> his guide, I had it bookmarked but I couldn't find it!
>
> Thanks
> Glyn
>
> --- Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 16, 2006, at 6:01 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:
> >
> > > Okay thanks guys,
> > >
> > > I've already installed samba, apache and mysql from source and
> > have
> > > them set up. Could one of you two advise on the best way for me
> > > convert over to using pkgsrc?
> > >
> > > Do I have to remove what I've installed already? And if so how
> do
> > > go about this?
> >
> > Oh wow, I missed that, the teraqube page doesn't give pkgsrc
> > details
> > like Andreas' page does.
> >
> > His instructions for perl say to use the pkgsrc, but samba just
> > gives
> > a tarball-- did you get the .tar from the samba.org site?
> >
> > Hopefully you actually used pkgsrc to get samba as it is now in
> the
> >
> > pkrsrc tree, just as you did for perl.
> >
> > If not:
> > You can/should build/install from source and be using pkgsrc.
> The
> >
> > fact is the binary packages for the Qube often are way behind or
>
> > nonexistent; I've always just built from source myself.   Using
> the
> >
> > pkgsrc tree to get your source files helps markedly in keeping
> > track
> > of important things.
> >
> > If you don't have pkgsrc, or want to keep it current, Andreas has
> >
> > good guide up:
> > http://www.aironaut.ch/content/view/27/53/
> > Follow his directions to first obtain, then update the pkgsrc
> tree.
> >
> > You can use his 1.6.1 instructions, you get -current if you don't
>
> > specify a specific version, and -current is what you want.
> >
> >   I would be surprised that sources you just grab from the
> > samba.org
> > site would build on NetBSD/MIPS without some tailoring, but if
> they
> >
> > did, they did :)
> >
> > As far as deleting what you put in-  It depends a little on what
> > you
> > did and where you got the sources from.  As far as I know the ftp
>
> > site has been down for a bit, so perhaps you didn't use the link
> he
> >
> > gave for the 1.6.1 version, but built from /usr/pksrc/net/samba
> or
> >
> > got a version from a 3.x directory if the ftp was up?
> >
> > As far as more current walkthru's go, check out Andrea' site that
> > is
> > linked above, there are how-to's for 1.6.1, 3.0, and 3.99 that
> you
> >
> > can glean ideas from.
> >
> > -B
> >

> Glyn Astill

> All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its
> simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Glyn Astill

Like being first? Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail today.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html