Subject: Samba help
To: None <port-cobalt@netBSD.org>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/15/2006 12:26:47
Okay people, thanks for the help with my previous issue, now the next
one!

I'm trying to setup samba, heres what I have done so far

downloaded the latest source, done make, make install - I didn't see
any errors and now I have a samba directory "/usr/local/samba"

Once again following pete rushmeres guide here
http://www.teraqube.co.uk/software/#s2.3

I've created /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf (it did not exist) as
follows:

---------------------------
[global]
; Uncomment this if you want a guest account
; guest account = nobody
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   netbios name = Qube
   log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   interfaces = 192.168.0.2/24

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750
[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = no
   public = yes

[shared]
   comment = shared
   path = /shared
   valid users = qube glyn
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0755
---------------------------

Set up the users with smbpasswd

then added the following lies to rc.local

/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D

then I went and added a line for swat in inetd.conf

However no luck so far. If I go into the directory where testparm is
and try to do

testparm /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

I just get "testparm: Command not found"

and the same if I try to do smbd.

I'm assuming I've omitted something, or not set something up
properly, does anyone have and ideas?

Cheers
Glyn

Glyn Astill