Subject: Re: poffd problem (it gets worse)
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/13/2006 12:38:08
--------------enig2CCAFC7646CB51AC452E41CF

Glyn,

>> Well, I think the thing to do then it to revert to the backup
>> copies of the config files you changes (if you have them) then
>> change them one at a time and see what is causing the problem.
>=20
> I have tried changing every config file back, however once its
> screwed it seems to stay screwed, however I will try again tonight
> and let you know how I get on.

Silly question: what do you mean by "screwed"? Do you just mean that the
panel isn't displaying what you think it ought to be displaying (the
Qube's IP), or that the whole system crashes?

I must admit that I've been reading all these posts and I'm not sure
what the actual status is... I had assumed that after you "configured"
the system post-initial-reboot that you had a doorstop sitting in front
of you.

That's apparently not true since you can modify your config files.

So... does the system come up? Can you ssh/telnet into it? If so, is the
only problem that the IP address isn't displaying?

Is it possible that the "display IP address on panel" process is simply
never running? Last time I checked, the panel will simply display the
last thing you asked it to display until you tell it something else. Is
it possible that the "Starting up> poffd" is just the last thing
displayed, and the new ISO image doesn't enable the IP address display
by default?

Just a thought. I don't know about others, but I'm totally confused here.=
 :(

-chris