Subject: RE: poffd problem
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: None <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/09/2006 14:20:59
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
> Is there a chance then that since the first time I downloaded the
> 3.99 image about 3 months ago, the version I re-downloaded a few days
> ago is now different?

Hard to say, I don't think you've yet said where you did download it from?

When I looked, poffd seemed to only be a 68k port; my guess, if it was included in the install CD that some of the venerable Qube people built, is that it is there for a reason, perhaps it has a role with paneld and the magic buttons on the back of the Qube?  That's just a guess though.

I don't know of a reason that it would break the LCD panel display, possibly  that the panel itself breaks and it just happens that poffd message was the last one written.  That would be typical of my experience with the panel anyway.

Brian