Subject: Re: poffd problem
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Erik Berls <cyber@ono-sendai.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/08/2006 02:02:26
------=_Part_4937_25337946.1160298146955

You might want to check /etc/ttys, there could be a baud rate mismatch.

The 192 sounds like it tried to parse the IP address as the hostname (i.e.
breaking apart a dotted quad thinking it was a FQDN).  Do you have reverse
DNS set up?  Running dhclient?

-=3Derik.

On 10/7/06, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I just got a new hard disk for my qube and I installed the 3.99 CD
> image.
>
> All was going well and I followed the instructions here
> http://www.teraqube.co.uk/software/#s1.2 to do the basic setup.
>
> Then I did a shutdown -r to reboot the machine however on bootup the
> last thing on the qubes display is Starting Up >poffd
>
> It seems to get stuck here, does anyone know why this could be?
>
> I can still rlogin to the qube and instead of the usual # prompt I've
> got 192#
>
> I've not got much experience with netbsd so I'm a bit confused here.
> Thanks
> Glyn

> Yahoo! Photos =96 NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p =
> photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

------=_Part_4937_25337946.1160298146955

You might want to check /etc/ttys, there could be a baud rate mismatch.<br>=
.e. breaking apart a dotted quad thinking it was a FQDN).&nbsp; Do you have=
 reverse DNS set up?&nbsp; Running dhclient?
b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Glyn Astill</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:glynasti=
ll@yahoo.co.uk">glynastill@yahoo.co.uk</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); marg=
in: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi people,<br><br>I just got a new hard disk for my qube and I installed th=
ns here<br><a href=3D"http://www.teraqube.co.uk/software/#s1.2">http://www.=
teraqube.co.uk/software/#s1.2
achine however on bootup the<br>last thing on the qubes display is Starting=
 Up &gt;poffd<br><br>It seems to get stuck here, does anyone know why this =
could be?
p a photo <a href=3D"http://uk.photos.yahoo.com">http://uk.photos.yahoo.com=

------=_Part_4937_25337946.1160298146955--