Subject: Bug in the kernel
To: NetBSD-cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/23/2006 10:33:01
There is a bug in the kernel which I believe is caused by heavy network
traffic. Not even so much heavy as concurrent. I usually have few http
connections going when kernel panics. The connections must be from
different IP addresses or the panic does not happen.  The qube is
serving http over dsl line so the traffic itself is not heavy. It seems
to go away from build to build and latest build I did on Sep 17 has the
problem.
I just did cvs update and it seems that sources did not change since sep
17. Could someone tell me if kernel can drop in the debugger on trap? I
could not make that work. I can investigate further next time it
happens. Below are the lines that cause the panic along with the date of
build and cvs update.

Thanks,
Alex

NetBSD 3.1_RC3 (SERVER) #14: Sun Sep 17 15:43:17 UTC 2006

panic: lockmgr: no context
syncing disks... 1 1 trap: TLB miss (load or instr. fetch) in kernel mode
status=0xa403, cause=0x8, epc=0x8016d9ec, vaddr=0xcb4d4000
curlwp == NULL ksp=0xcb48f0e0
panic: trap