Subject: Re: Qube2 for sale
To: John Margaritis <john.margaritis@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/18/2006 21:56:40
On 8/18/06, John Margaritis <john.margaritis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got two Qube2 servers and have to sell one of them.
>
> I wanted to post here first before selling on ebay; I don't have the heart
> to restore the factory Linux and pass it off to an unsuspecting victim.  The
> Qube2 has 64 MB RAM and I can stuff it with a 20 GB or 80GB hard drive if
> desired.  It may also make sense to ship minus a HDD to keep the shipping
> weight down -- you choose.
>
> It's in excellent condition.  I'm selling to buy a G4 Mac mini as an
> 'easier' server replacement.  I know, I know... I should bury my head in
> shame but at least I have another one I can play around with.  If anyone is
> interested in this, please write to me.
>
> Thanks to everyone here for all their hard work, guides, tips, etc.   I
> learned a great deal and it is much appreciated.

I'm copying the port-hpcmips group on this since the cobalt can be
used as a build box for hpcmips. This is what I'm doing with mine, it
builds from pkgsrc about 100 times faster (well, it feels that much
faster).

The Mac mini is neat, so is the Mac Qube, good luck with that. I doubt
anyone cares too much about the hardware as long as it's running
NetBSD...

Andy