Subject: Java and Qube 2 (NetBSD 3.99)
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Kenth Andersson <kenth@eastmark.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/18/2006 20:39:44
Hi,

I've seen two mailes about this on the list before, but can't find
any answers.

Is there anyone that as successfully compiled (pkgsrc) any java vm on
the Qube 2 running NetBSD 3.99 (restore CD installation)?

I've tried jamvm, kaffe and suns own jre, non of them seams to compile.

jamvm is the one that gave me greatest hope, but crashed in gnu
classpath due to "Out of memory" error, I got 256MB (Max mem size) in
my Qube, seams like jikes is heavy on memory usage.

Would be great if anyone could come with input and maybe some
solutions and recommendations.

Thanks,
Kenth Andersson