Subject: wireless for Qube2- easy solution
To: list Cobalt NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/11/2006 05:32:19
Hi all;

I found a neat hardware solution to add wireless to my Qube2 cheaply
without taking up my card slot.

The Dlink DWL-G730AP is a matchbook-sized tri-mode wireless AP; one
mode is client.  Hook it to the RJ45 on the Qube, you have wireless,
the Qube doesn't know it from a cable so no fussing with supported
wireless cards/chipsets/etc.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=346

You can find it for $30 after rebate in the USA. Dlink, when asked,
said it would be find to leave it on 24/7, it shouldn't have heat
death issues or anything.  I've not tested this yet :)

This isn't that novel an idea but for a tiny device it's pretty
capable.  Did I mention matchbook?? That's really the size.  This is
a useful gadget to have around regardless, if you fiddle with
computers (as for some reason I think we all tend to do).

Brian