Subject: Kernel: make install Question
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis <mips128@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/15/2006 14:06:30
Good afternoon!

I am trying to get my USB card to work with Netbsd. I used this guide:
http://www.aironaut.ch/content/view/27/53/ And so far I have no problem,
the kernel compiled (make). But know I am little bit confused, because
the guide just says to do a make install and reboot, but as far as I
know the Qube boots the kernel from the first partition, which must be
an ext2. Of courses the partition exists, but it is not mounted:
qube# df -h
Filesystem    Size      Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a     272G     1.9G      257G     0%    /
/dev/wd0f     2.0G     1.6M      1.9G     0%    /var
/dev/wd0g     485M     3.0K      460M     0%    /tmp

So my question is: Do I need to mount the ext2 partition first or does
the make install handels it ...

Thank you already for any reply!

Bye Mips