Subject: Generell questions for switching ...
To: None <>
From: Dennis <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/28/2006 10:45:29

I am running Debian testing on my Qube2 for over a year, but I am not
satisfied with it.
I use my Q2 as a:
- printserver: I have an brother HL-2030 Laser printer and it works with
foomatics. I installed a pci usb 2.0 card in my Q2 (with a via chipset).
- file server (ftp and samba), but I am going to use sshfs
- tiny webserver.

I want to move on to NetBSB, because I need a simple way w/o patching
the kernel to crypt my HDD. Therefore, I want to use gcd.
I am very familiar with Linux and I have a few experiences with FreeBSD,
the only thing I want to ask if there are any known problem with these
1. Getting the printer over usb up and running (using foomatic and cups)
2. Is the qube able to handel gcd (preformance, I know it will be slow,
but how slow)?

Thnx for an answer ...

CU Dennis