Subject: Generell questions for switching ...
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Dennis <mips128@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/28/2006 10:45:29
Hello!

I am running Debian testing on my Qube2 for over a year, but I am not
satisfied with it.
I use my Q2 as a:
- printserver: I have an brother HL-2030 Laser printer and it works with
foomatics. I installed a pci usb 2.0 card in my Q2 (with a via chipset).
- file server (ftp and samba), but I am going to use sshfs
- tiny webserver.

I want to move on to NetBSB, because I need a simple way w/o patching
the kernel to crypt my HDD. Therefore, I want to use gcd.
I am very familiar with Linux and I have a few experiences with FreeBSD,
the only thing I want to ask if there are any known problem with these
tasks:
1. Getting the printer over usb up and running (using foomatic and cups)
2. Is the qube able to handel gcd (preformance, I know it will be slow,
but how slow)?

Thnx for an answer ...

CU Dennis