Subject: Re: test kernel for cobalt
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/18/2006 08:26:44
On 5/18/06, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
> Well, more detailed info would be appreciated:
> - what is your cobalt model?

Qube2

> - what Ethernet interface do you use?

tlp0

>   (dmesg might help)

I'll get that later

> - does "isn't that much better" mean no differenece, or a slightly better=
?

I ftp'd base.tgz to another netbsd box. With the netbsd-3 kernel, it
was .98 meg per second average. With your kernel it was 1.05 meg per
second average. From another box, it was 7.5 megs per second.

> - could you try any specific benchmark?

Any one in particular? Is ttcp good enough?

> - is there anything worse (bad sideeffect) than a netbsd-3 kernel?
> etc. :-)

Don't know, didn't run it long enough. But it booted and didn't crash,
so that's a start :)

I'll work more on this later.

Andy