Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0 dhclient
To: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/12/2006 12:51:55
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Pete Rushmere wrote:
> 	So, dhclient starts and returns 'No bpf devices' and then exits. The
> kernel config shows an entry for bpfilter, which is enabled and a look in
> /dev does indeed confirm bpf0 - bpf7 exist.
>
> 	That's as far as we got, any ideas why dhclient says they don't
> exist?

Can you run ktrace ("cd /tmp ; ktrace dhclient ; kdump >x ; vi x")
and see what happens right before it prints that message (start at the
bottom and scroll up)?

Just for kicks, postint output of
  * uname -a
  * sysctl machdep.booted_kernel
  * cd / ; config -x `sysctl -n machdep.booted_kernel` | grep bpfilt
  * ls -l /dev/bpf*
here may be worthwhile, just to make sure.

  - Hubert