Subject: Re: Restore CD for NetBSD 3 Qube2
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/09/2006 14:11:06
David Brownlee wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Jeremy (mailing list account) wrote:
>>
>> I've made numerous attempts to get in touch with the guys at NetBSD
>> about this problem and have always had my emails forwarded to the port
>> maintainer for the Cobalt port...    And that's where it dies.    No
>> reply.   No error messages.   It's an email black hole.   The website
>> for the port, the
>
>     Thats not good...
>
>> document and the restore CD on the NetBSD site are all out of date.
>> I've said that I'd gladly update the site and upload the new restore
>> images if given the appropriate access to do so for the port...  Nothing.
>>
>> I guess I can make another plea to get something rolling...
>
>     If you send updates to the website to www@netbsd.org they should
>     update the pages. The other option is to keep an active set of
>     pages on the NetBSD community wiki -
>     http://wiki.onetbsd.org/index.php/cobalt
>
>     I'd like to encourage anyone with useful information or links to
>     edit that latter page...

I did get an email back from a D'Arcy about sending some patches to
update the port site, so I'll spend the weekend working on that but it
might be a few days since I've been busy in our post-Katrina city...
Mainly the site needs to make some mention that there are updated
versions of the Restore CD out there and available.    I now know that
the NetBSD team won't host them, but links to the list-serv posts here
need to be made announcing them or something along those lines.

Jeremy