Subject: Re: Restore CD for NetBSD 3 Qube2
From: David Brownlee <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/09/2006 14:45:13
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Jeremy (mailing list account) wrote:

> Brian McEwen wrote:
>> Surely there's a process for getting things like this to the big
>> site in the sky?  that IMO is where it belongs- why have some new person
>> coming in, only have access to old material?
>> Brian
> I've made numerous attempts to get in touch with the guys at NetBSD about
> this problem and have always had my emails forwarded to the port maintainer
> for the Cobalt port...    And that's where it dies.    No reply.   No error
> messages.   It's an email black hole.   The website for the port, the

 	Thats not good...

> document and the restore CD on the NetBSD site are all out of date.   I've
> said that I'd gladly update the site and upload the new restore images if
> given the appropriate access to do so for the port...  Nothing.
> I guess I can make another plea to get something rolling...

 	If you send updates to the website to they should
 	update the pages. The other option is to keep an active set of
 	pages on the NetBSD community wiki -

 	I'd like to encourage anyone with useful information or links to
 	edit that latter page...

 		David/absolute       -- No hype required --