Subject: Re: netboot i386?
To: Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/22/2006 19:47:47
On 2/22/06, Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com> wrote:
> I have an older AMD Duron machine that I would like to install NetBSD
> on.  This particular machine has non-functioning CD-ROM and floppy
> drives and is being a general pain to get things installed on.  Based
> on my experience with using the install CD to netboot/install NetBSD
> on my Raq2, I'm curious on whether CDs exist that will let me do the
> same thing on my AMD machine... does such a thing exist?

Not that I'm aware of, but the bigger issue is most i386 based
machines don't want to netboot by default. If you have a network card
or motherboard that will do it, you can netboot an install kernel
without too many problems (lots of platforms can do this), then
install that way. But it's not automatic, you have to do the regular
sysinst.

Andy