Subject: Re: ssh tunnelling thru NetBSD
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/07/2006 03:58:02
On Feb 7, 2006, at 3:26 AM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Brian McEwen wrote:
>> -how straightforward is it :)
>> -will the build for -cobalt support the features needed to make
>> this work? IIRC we are still a little limited for some filtering/
>> packet level features.
>
> If you want to forward some ports on your firewalling NetBSD
> machine to your XP box, that can be done easily with IPfilter's
> 'rdr' directive in /etc/ipnat.conf:
>
> 	# Forward web stuff on port 8080 to internal box:
> 	rdr ppp0 0/0 port 8080 -> 10.0.0.15 port 80 tcp
>
> Please note that this is not specific to the Cobalt port of NetBSD,
> and you should direct further questions to a more generic list,
> e.g. netbsd-users@NetBSD.org.

I didn't think IPFilters was working on -cobalt at one time?  I'll
look again.

Anyway I want to implement sshd tunnelling, not just port
forwarding-- I have port forwarding working well already just fine
(using an separate router, I don't have the BSD box exposed at this
time).

I can followup elsewhere once I know this should work, but wanted to
make sure this really would work on -cobalt port.  I'm used to -
cobalt being a little behind; this should just be an sshd thing
(which would be well supported) but want to check with those familiar
with my platform before moving out of the niche.

It seems that it should not be too bad though.

Thanks,

Brian