Subject: ssh tunnelling thru NetBSD
To: NetBSD Cobalt list <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/07/2006 03:05:47
Hi all;   I'm running -current, have started to read up on setting up
ssh tunnelling.  I have some basic questions about goals and workflow
(like, does this make sense to try and implement for my goals :)

I wish to set up a webadmin for my PVR (I'm running GB-PVR on a
Windows box).  I don't really want to open up more holes and point
them directly to the XP machine, let alone trust the webadmin for the
PVR to be robust.

I currently use my NetBSD install mostly for sftp, so was looking
into tunneling through that sshd and routing the appropriate traffic
to the XP machine on the internal LAN.

This should be possible, but:

-how straightforward is it :)
-will the build for -cobalt support the features needed to make this
work?  IIRC we are still a little limited for some filtering/ packet
level features.

Thanks for pointers- success/ failure stories.  I don't mind reading
and learning but I have a limited amount of time for neat projects
like this, so don't want to start getting into it if it likely will
not work well on my particular setup.

Brian