Subject: Re: Compile PF in kernel on Cobalt is no go on 3.0
To: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/10/2006 12:40:13
I do not have PF or SCSI or RIDFrame. This is the last panic I got:

"panic: lockmgr: no context".

I am not even sure what was going on as it happened at night. It is
kindof annoying for the box to panic out of the blue. Don't get me
wrong, I am not complaining but IMHO 3.0 is not ready to be a release at
least on the qube.

What are you running on your qubes? I am running apache with php and ssh
. That is basically it. I also ftp sometimes in to the qube to upload
pictures and such and download backups. Under 2.1 ftp downloads caused
panic. Under 3.0 http server is causing panic. I am not so sure what the
"lockmgr" is.

The load of my server is very light. I have maybe 200 hits on a good
day. Mostly it is idle.

Regards,
Alex