Subject: Re: Compile PF in kernel on Cobalt is no go on 3.0
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/10/2006 15:25:59
So far I can't say I have any issues.

But again, on all my boxes and for years, I never do any upgrades.

I always do a clean install and it takes care of any problems I have
seen otherwise.

In a few weeks, I can report more success or failures and I will have
more then about 30 boxes of various ages running 3.0 with PF enable in
kernel and without the RAIDFrame and SCSI stuff. So far every time I
took that out, it resulted in increase stability.

YMMV, but that's from my side and not only one one box, but many of them!

Daniel