Subject: Re: Announcement: NetBSD/cobalt 3.0 restore CD
To: Rowdy <rowdy@netspace.net.au>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/03/2006 23:44:59
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:44:16 +1100
Rowdy <rowdy@netspace.net.au> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Based on the earlier work of Dennis Chernoivanov, the excellent
> instructions from Alex, and with assistance and support from the
> community, a NetBSD 3.0 restore CD for the Cobalt Qube and Raq
> MIPS-based appliances has been created.
>
> With thanx to Daniel for testing, the following caveats should be
> noted:
>
> 1. in some instances the RAIDframe problem still surfaces, but this
> is apparently rather rare
>
> 2. sometimes the appliance, after reboot, is not able to obtain an IP
> address via DHCP, and it is necessary to connect via the serial port
> to complete the installation

I'm having the "unknown host" problem; and I've never connected via a
serial port.  What application is used to connect via the serial port?
Cu, minicom and screen do not appear to be available on the restore
cd.  Can anyone point me to a How-To for this? The networking how-to's
on the NetBSD site seem to focus on ethernet networking.

Thanks,

Andrew