Subject: Re: ridiculous uid
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: dieter Roelants <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/02/2005 08:24:11
On 12/01/05 23:17:11, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Sounds like /etc/{s,}pwd.db are endian-specific
> (which are the binary versions of /etc/master.passwd and /etc/passwd, =20
> see pwd_mkdb(8) and vipw(8))

Doh, that was indeed the problem. I couldn't understand why the storage =20
of the password database did matter, but indeed, I used vipw on that =20
root from the sparc. I never used pwd_mkdb directly I think, and wasn't =20
aware of the options for changing endianness (or even that it was =20
different.) Thanks very much, Hubert, and also Steven and Christos.

	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley