Subject: Re: Kernel is crashing with ftpd tranfers.
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/29/2005 13:21:23
Simon Burge wrote:

> "Alex Pelts" wrote:
>
> > (gdb) target kcore /tmp/netbsd.3.core
> > Undefined target command: "kcore /tmp/netbsd.3.core".  Try "help target".
>
> It doesn't appear that MIPS has kcore support, unlike most other
> architectures.
>
> > So it is from the correct version of netbsd. Somehow kcore target is
> > missing from that version. I wonder how other people debug mips kernel?
>
> I usually use ddb (with help from gdb and a netbsd.gdb to work out
> source code line numbers) and good ol' fashioned printf debugging.  I
> keep meaning to look at kgdb but never seem to get around to it...

I also meant to say that virtually all the MIPS boards I have are
diskless, and we don't support dumping kernel cores over NFS so I've not
had the need to look at gdb and kernel core dumps on MIPS simply because
I don't have any core dumps to play with...

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/