Subject: Restore Host OS [was: Re: 2.1 Kernels do not boot whenbootedwithbootloaderotherthannetbsd
To: <>
From: Christopher Schultz <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/27/2005 09:04:22

> So far I could successfuly create VmWare virtual machine, populate it
> with NetBSD i386 and serve nfs root and dhcp out of it. Qube boots
> nicely and it could serve as a recovery and install environment. Now I
> just need to work out the details and package it nicely.

I know this is kind of late itn the game, and I don't want to side-track
you, but isn't a full-blown i386 NetBSD a little heavy for a
recovery/restore CD? How big does the VM and up being (uncompressed?)

Would you consider using something more akin to Linux's Busybox (or even
busybox itself, since it doesn't matter what OS the restore host runs)?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -