Subject: Re: Qube2 crashes every night
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/17/2005 17:26:50
On 11/17/05, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
> > I mean, netbsd-3-0, sorry. I have been updating with -rnetbsd-3 but I
> > think I'm going to make a new tree for -rnetbsd-3-0 now.
>
> There is no netbsd-3-0 branch (yet).
> ---
> % cvs diff -rnetbsd-3-0
>  :
> cvs [diff aborted]: no such tag netbsd-3-0
> %

Ok. I did a diff but I dont' know what I'm looking for. I checked out
-rnetbsd-3 clean and tried to apply your patch:

cd /usr/src
patch < patch_file

But hunks still failed and the kernel won't build, same as before. I
may just be doing something wrong. I'm not very experienced with using
cvs or patch (or diff), I just read the NetBSD guide and pretty much
do what it says.

In any case, the kernel you built still works and I'm having no
problems. No crashes, no errors in the syslog, everything normal. Is
this good enough to commit the patches?

Thanks.

Andy