Subject: brain dead question: remote user restrictions
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/17/2005 09:10:06
OK, I've set up something that I cannot find again :/
I need to add a new user, and I get this in my authlog when that userID
tries to connect:
----
Nov 17 09:56:35 bmcewen sshd[23706]: User <user> from <IP>  not allowed
because no
t listed in AllowUsers
----

I remember setting some stuff up such that root was not allowed to login
remotely, etc, but for the life of me I can't 'locate' an AllowUsers
file as mentioned by sshd ehre, nor any reasonable file when I look for
allow* or user* or similar file on the system.  and I don't find a
manpage either, or mention of this in sshd manpage.

Where is the config file I need to edit to allow this userID to connect
from remote?

Thanks,

Brian