Subject: Re: Net boot question
To: <>
From: Christopher Schultz <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/15/2005 10:21:54

> What do you mean when you say that VMWare is free? As far as I know it
> is realtively expensive. Player is free, but I don't think vmware is free.
> I wanted to use free (as in beer) product so anyone could reproduce this.

Yes, the player is free. If you create a VM using one of the non-free
versions, you're supposed to use that VM with the free version. VMWare
has some sample VMs on its site, such as Linux environments running
various combinations of servers.

If you use your (non-free) VMWare to create a VM with all this stuff
running inside of it, then publish it, anyone should be able to download
the (free) player and run your VM.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -