Subject: Re: Why did I upgrade? Non stop problems!
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/07/2005 22:24:51
Sorry guys, that was a useless rant. I was tired and frustrated. I never
had it that bad with linux, but I think, I could always boot from CD and
recover the system. The problem with Qube that there is no cd to boot
from. Next thing on my list is to make one based on restore cd. I
suspected I would need one some day but could not get around to making one.

Any way, I am back in business. The compile problem, that I had, was
extraneous include file left by netbsd-current after a downgrade. After
I cooled down a bit, it took me a few minutes to find and cleanup the
file. I just compared list of files in sets with what I have on disk and
realized I have a few extras. I just removed few directories and
extracted some sets again.

Is there a standard utility that would do this work for me? Sorry I am
still getting used to netbsd after many years with linux. I am thinking
of writing one if there isn't one already. What I am looking for is a
utility that after unpacking the sets would go over the file list and
find all files that aren't from the sets. This list can be passed to
xargs rm, after some adjustments of course.

Hubert you are completely right telling me "no data->no help". I have
been answering linux questions on irc and various mailing lists long
enough to know that :).

Thanks for your help and sorry about the rant.

Regards,
Alex