Subject: Trying to run NetBSD on intel based cobalts.
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Vini Engel <vini@fugspbr.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/19/2005 12:19:49
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone here running NetBSD on Intel based Cobalt boxes?

I have a couple of those and was trying to run NetBSD or FreeBSD I have
not been lucky, I have been trying the same procedure to load the kernel
but it doesn't seem to work on intel based Cobalts.

It all seems well until the Cobalt's boot loader tries to load the
kernel, it actually says DONE but hangs so nothing else happens.

Of course I am not trying to load a mips kernel on an intel based
cobalt, I am just trying to work out a way to make its boot loader load
the kernel.

Would anyone have any hints?

Thanks
Vini