Subject: changes to sendmail? (postfix not drop-in anymore in -current?)
To: NetBSD Cobalt list <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/20/2005 08:58:19
Hi all;

I had no troubles getting postfix setup under 1.6.1, but I have one
issue with it now, under -current, that I just can't figure out.

It should be a trivial permissions thing, but I've tweeked, I've read
docs, I've changed ownerships, and I just can't find what needs changed.

Looking online I see lots of questions about this error and few
replies which usually clues me in that it's a RTFM issue, but I am
ready to be beat over the head with something obvious :)

Postfix starts, runs, is listening on port 25 just fine.

However, any attempt to send mail gets this in the maillog:

Jul 19 09:15:36 bmcewen sendmail[2974]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): can
not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

and pine tells me "smtp "went away".

the dir in question is such:

drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     512 Jul 16 07:53 clientmqueue original

postfix user is "postfix" in main.cf (or master.cf, I forget which
sets that).  I've tried chown to postfix for this dir, as well as
setting o:w etc.

Is there a difference in the way postfix is setup to be chroot'd
now?  Or with the original sendmail setup?

Thanks for help;  this is -current from mid-July, from the now-1-
revision-outdated restore CD.

Brian