Subject: Re: HFS+ partition
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/13/2005 05:14:35
On Aug 13, 2005, at 12:48 AM, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>> I don't claim to know the ins and out of file systems, but it
>> seems like a
>> good thing to have my backup on the same FS as the original if at all
>> possible.
>>

> Not necessarily.

You must be talking OSX since you are talking Spotlight.

I've not read a lot about the new HFS+ system, but I thought that
with OSX at least, all that resource fork stuff was finally gone.  If
you keep the ._ files, you should have everything.

That CarbonCopyCloner utility, I thought was just a fancy front end
for rsync;

I've not tested, and I could be totally wrong, but I thought that
finally we could just copy the darn files.  I just about  test
this...... maybe this weekend if I get some things implemented.