Subject: Re: HFS+ partition
To: Christopher Schultz <>
From: Kevin Jordan <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/12/2005 14:34:32

Good guess, but no.  I'm using my Raq2 to backup files/photos/etc from my
mac.  My understanding is that Apple uses HFS+ to allow for rich metadata in
the file system (for use with Spotlight), metadata which I think is
currently lost in my backups.

I don't claim to know the ins and out of file systems, but it seems like a
good thing to have my backup on the same FS as the original if at all