Subject: Blank LCD after 2.0 install
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/13/2005 00:38:13
I'm a bit confused.  Tonight I preformed a fresh install using the 2.0
rescue disc linked here recently on a Raq2 with a new Samsung 120GB drive.
 Followed along on the LCD and everything appeared to go well.  The
machine rebooted, "Starting up...", then nothing but a blank LCD.

Without a serial console to patch into, how do I know what the IP address
of the machine is and whether or not it is even coming up?  Is the LCD
just dead for this 2.0 release?  The HD churns for a while similar to the
startup procedure I was used to on 1.6.1, but there is no feedback on the
LCD -- which I miss dearly!

Thanks for any and all responses,

KJ