Subject: Re: Updated RestoreCD iso image.
To: Claudio Leiva S <cleivas@cox.net>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/01/2005 08:36:20
On Thursday, June 30, 2005, at 09:19 PM, Claudio Leiva S wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I try to use the new restore cd but when I try to make rlogin to the
> Qube using 10.0.0.160 as IP address (like in 1.6.1, 2.0 v1) I couldn't
> get access to it, is the new restore cd working with another IP
> address??, thanks

forwhatever reason, for me, the default install did not pull an IP from
my home router via DHCP.

I could look at netstat and see inetd up and listening, etc. when I was
using the serial console, but it really wasn't going to happen.

Once I turned off dhclient and forced an IP via
editing  /etc/ifconfig.tlp1
to something like      inet 192.168.0.5 netmask 255.255.255.0

all is fine.

Oh on the old 1.6.1 CD it may have been using tlp0: for the primary
jack, I'm not sure, but I had to make a special note of the dmesg
output and notice tlp1 is the right one now.

Brian