Subject: sensible HD partitioning
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/25/2005 04:38:54
Hi all;

It is time to drop a bigger newer drive in my Qube, the current one has
some bad spots that just aren't getting mapped out for some reason.

Since drives are cheap, I'm wondering if there is something fancy I
could do with the new drive after I use the new netboot CD, and
maximize my options.

I'm thinking in particular of a second partition system or something
that I could use to mirror my working install onto, before I do any
major changes.  I don't have an easy partition backup system at this
time.  IT would not be that physically ideal to keep everythign on one
drive but I'm thinking more for software install issues rather than HD
failure or whatever, based on my experiences on the learning curve so
far :)

Thanks for thoughts!

Brian