Subject: Two factor authentication.
To: NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/13/2005 13:44:31
Hi,
I know this is not the right place to post, but maybe someone could
suggest the correct place.

My question is : how do I setup two factor authentication on my qube?
With linux I can hookup using pam module and get my password validated
in addition to a standard validation scheme.
How do I do the same thing in netbsd? I am looking to setup a following
scheme:
password would consist of 2 parts - variable lenght password and fixed
lenght token, appended to the password. Password will stay the same but
token will change. I do not want to invest in any kind of fobs for my
home use so I will just generate bunch of tokens and carry them with me
in my palm. After every use token will be discarded and new one will be
used. If I have a large enough set of tokens (1000 or so) it should be
hard to guess them and also secure enough for home use.

I worked out everything except how to hook this all up with ssh.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex