Subject: NetBSD 2.0.x: Raq1 Clock Issues / LCD Shutdown Message
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Oliver Schonefeld <oschonef@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/13/2005 15:59:56
Hello list,

NetBSD does not initialize the timers of the Raq1 correctly and the clock
will show anything, but a correct time.
In 2003 Jason Meinzer posted a patch to the list, but it seems it has never
been committed:
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2003/08/11/0000.html>
Anyhow, this patch solved the clock problems on my Raq1, and seems to have
no ill effects on Raq2 (see Jason's post).
Could anyone please commit this bit?

Some commit messages by tsutsui indicate, that there has been some work
done in HEAD, but I don't know, if this also solves the time-keeping problem
on Raq1 and I cannot test these, I currently can not try to run HEAD on my
Raq1.

Dennis Chernoivanov posted a patch for the kernel, to indicate a clean
shutdown on the lcd:
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2003/10/01/0000.html>
IMHO, this would also ne a nice thing to have, maybe this could be commited,
too.

I'm using these two patches on a pretty recent NetBSD 2.0 (kernel build on
Thu May 19 04:02:02 CEST 2005 from cvs updated sources) without any issues.

Best Regards,
Oliver
And remember: "To Infinity And Far Beyond ... Somehow?!"

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me in your ~/.signature
to help me spread!             <- Save this lifeform ;-)