Subject: Qube2, 1.6.1 and a Soundblaster..
To: Netbsd <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/01/2005 19:10:25
Hi All,

I know this has been asked before, but...

I've fitted an SB Live! to my Qube and compiled a kernel with:

emuxki* at pci? dev ? function ?
audio*  at emuxki?

no problem there, dmesg gives:

emuxki0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0: Creative Labs SBLive! EMU 10000
(audio multimedia, revision 0x07)
emuxki0: interrupting at irq 9
emuxki0: unknown (0x00000000) codec; no 3D stereo
audio0 at emuxki0: full duplex, mmap, independent

so, I assume that is all OK. However, I'm unable to make the required
/dev/audio entries, all I get is the following..

root@workbox# ./MAKEDEV audio0
audio0: unknown device

I read the only posts I can find (all 4 of them!) and it seems no-one
has gone much further. Is sound supported at all on the Qube2?

Kind Regards,
Pete.